Wednesday, September 30, 2009

One Thing After Another

Fall should probably be renamed spring, at least in my case, because everything's been lurching and leaping and bouncing and rollicking for the past two months. Ever since I got laid off (see my Open Salon blog, "As If Getting Laid Off Weren't Enough"), I've been dealing with medical, dental, feline, financial, social, familial, bureaucratic, insurance, you-name-it issues. You know, Life.

In the real springtime, I wrote about the universe providing, when that law of attraction thing seemed to be doing its mystical work on my behalf. Well, apparently it works in reverse sometimes, but I try not to take it personally. My humor is intact and I am honestly grateful for the things I do have.

Now that I have daytimes free, I even went back to the Arlington Laughter Club last week and laughed my head off with a group of mostly strangers. Once a month, a group gets together and laughs, for no reason. You can be in a good mood, bad mood, recovering from surgery or loss or trauma, celebrating accomplishments and milestones, it doesn't matter. Laughter just feels good, and has all sorts of positive physiological effects. Beats holding my breath and worrying.

Check out Dr Madan Kataria's website if you want to know more! At some point, I'll post an insider's view of a laughter session and describe my own training as a certified laughter yoga leader. Ho ho ha ha ha!

Kicking off Write It Like It Is this week and looking forward to developing the series. It's me, if you know what I mean. See you on Salon.com, at Mortified, at Write It workshops and groups. And be sure to keep up with the latest at www.deborahsosin.com, my work in progress!

I'm especially grateful for hot pink on my site's color palette. Small pleasures during a stressful time.

No comments: