Saturday, January 17, 2009

Expanding My Horizons

I launched Debfeb's Blog this week at skirt.com and I'm excited to join that community of very cool women blogging about women! It took a few months from inquiry to acceptance, but it's a new and, I must say, groovy forum.

I have no intention of abandoning the Debfeb Diaries, but I have to take stock and figure out what, where, when, how, and why I want to write what, where, when, and how!

Two essays are still under construction: "My Night with Igor," about my experience in a sleep lab; and "Space Invaders," about personal space challenges in public places. So stay tuned!

The Mortified podcast is up! Yup. About halfway through the audio, I'm reading from my 1965 diaries, from when I was 10 and 11. My love for Ricky. My clashes with Mom. My budding body. My romantic dreams. My pubescent take on the world. It's all there, with a live audience sharing the angst!

This coming week, I can't wait to watch the inauguration and the unfolding of history and hope for a new administration. Goodbye, W. I will miss your gaffes on Letterman and The Daily Show, but I will miss absolutely nothing else. Happy brush-clearing. Have a nice life.

Now, let's get down to business, Barack! Well, go ahead and enjoy the festivities first. But by Wednesday, I expect you to fix the world. OK?

So, there's more to come verrrrrry soon! But right now I have to get to the gym before my muscles go on strike!

No comments: